Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A few more Christmas Cards

Last month i was focusing on Christmas in July.  I had a few more cards from July that I thought I would post.  The first one uses a new set from the 2011/2012 catalog called "Beautiful Season".  This is a really pretty set featuring a bird on a holly branch.  I stamped the Bird in black Stazon ink, then colored him with blender pens and ink from the lids of my ink pads.  I also added a tiny dab of crystal effects to the I added a bow of Cherry Cobbler and a vintage brad as a pretty accent.  The card base is Early Espresso, which has been embossed with my new hounds tooth embossing folder.  I love embossing folders! I also added a bit of paper peircing in the bottom corner, and  distressed the edges of the main image piece with some Crumb Cake ink on a sponge.  Because Early Espresso is such a dark color, the interior of the card has a layer of very vanilla with a strip of garden green striped paper at the bottom, to make writing a greeting easier.  I also added the garden green striped paper to the envelope too!
This next card uses a stamp set called "Come to Bethlehem".   I used the hounds tooth embossing folder on this one, too.   I also took a sponge with some gold shimmer on it and ran it over the textured background, as well as the edges of the main image piece, but it doesn't show up in the photo.  I also added a rhinestone to the center of the star for some shine.  The Main image lifts up to reveal the sentiment "Giving thanks for God's gift of love and the joy we share through Christ the Lord" as well as a space to write a short greeting.  The main colors of this card are Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede.    

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!