Friday, August 26, 2011

So Sweet!

In just a few days the new Holiday Mini catalog will be released! I'm super happy with this years catalog, but honestly I think I always love the Holiday minis.  Stampin' Up demonstrators get to order early so I picked up a few of my favorites.  I love punches, and this hobby horse is made from a punch that was designed to make Christmas stockings.  There is a matching stamp set, another thing I love, stamp set that go with punches! I used my markers to color the stocking stamp so that I could get two colors on the argyle. Some ruffled Chocolate Chip Ribbon make up the mane, and some Marina Mist ribbon for the reigns.   The base of the card is Marina Mist, and I used a bit of Pear Pizzazz as an accent color.  A simple wooden toothpick completes the hobby horse!  Too cute!  I love when punches can be used to make things other than what they were intended to make.  The queen of punches is a crafter on my fav site www.splitcoaststampers.com , "jactop".  She can make just about anything out of a punch. If you head over to the site, you can check out her gallery.

2 comments:

  1. These are SO adorable! That Jackie comes up with some great out of the box ideas, doesn't she? I love your "take" on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of the pony! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!