Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spooky Night!

This is a fun card to make.  It uses a lot of punches, and I have to admit that I really love paper punches!   The bats are made from the butterfly punch and the scallop circle punch. 
   Punch out a butterfly and fold it in half.  Then use the scallop punch to punch away the bottom wings.  Unfold, and you have a bat!  I used my white gel pen to add some highlights to the bat.  I think the eyes make him look spooky.  Next I tore some strips of basic grey paper.  I wanted it to be darker and so I used my basic grey ink pad and a sponge, and sponged on the paper.  A larger white circle punch was used for the moon.  Now all that's left is layering it all together.   The card base is made
with Cajun Craze, followed by a layer of Basic Black.  I stamped the Happy Halloween from the very useful stamp set "Teeny Tiny Wishes" and punched it out with the word window punch, then layered that onto a Cajun Craze Modern Label Punch.  
I have a few tearing tips for you.  When you tear the paper towards you, you get the "messy" edge of the paper.  When you tear the paper away from you, you get the cleaner edge.  I wanted both of my edges to be the messy side, so that my clouds looked more fluffy and cloud like.  Here is a picture of what I mean.  Hopefully that all makes sense.  If not, grab a piece of scrap paper and tear away.  Try pulling towards and away and see the different effects.  Flip the paper over and you'll see the opposite on the other side.    Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!