Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bee Mine!

Another wrapped candy bar!  It's so fun to make little animals and things with paper punches.  This time I made a Bee.  This little bee is made from the ornament punch, the oval punch, and a 1" circle punch.  I punched out two ornament punches, one in Daffodil Delight and another in Basic Black.  I cut the black one into a few strips and added them to the yellow punch out. I made sure to make one of the strips line up with the point on the bottom of the ornament punch to highlight the stinger. 

I added a little bit of texture to the bee's wings by running it through an embossing folder that has little hearts on it.   This is a brand new embossing folder, featured in the new Occasions mini catalog.  It's called a "Textured Impressions Embossing Folder" and I am sure to be using them a lot in the coming months.  It is sold in a set of three for $8.95, and they are meant to add texture to the edges of your cards, or smaller things like my wings!  I also added a bit of glitter because, well just because.  Since I had my "Big Shot" out, I decided to cut out my letters too.  These letters are from a die called "Billboard".

This die has upper and lower case letters, all on one die, for $21.95.  I use it a lot in my scrapbooking. 
Here is a close up of the bee.
I hope you like today's project! 


1 comment:

  1. You are showing a die for 21.95 with upper and lower case letter. Can you share where you got this die, i sure would love to get one. And love your Bee card awesome..

    Holly dumbieduck@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!