Monday, March 26, 2012

A Tisket a Tasket

A little Easter Basket!
This basket was inspired by a project made by a fellow stampin' friend Linda Budzik.  Its such a quick and cute little basket, I had to make some for myself.  It starts off as a scallop square from the Big shot, a must have tool for sure.  You also need a strip of paper, mine is half an inch wide by 8 1/2 in long.  This will be the  handle.   The Square is scored in between the third and forth scallop one one side of the square, and between the second and third scallop on the other sides. 
Cut a slit along the shortest score lines and fold up your box.  Punch a small hole where the box comes together, as well as in the ends of your handle. Use brads to attach the handle to your basket.  I didn't use any adhesive on the box, the brads will hold it all together.   I added some taffeta ribbon bows to the sides of the handle to make it extra frilly.  I then made some flowers with the Boho Blossoms Punch and punched some leaves from the Bird Builder Punch to embellish the front of my basket.  There are also some pearls in the center of the flowers.  The Happy Easter tag is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, another must have in my opinion :)  I just cut the tag from some scraps of paper. 
Lots of pictures in today's blog, I know.  But I'm a visual learner and like to see instead of read, how to make things, so I figure there are others like me out there who would like pictures too.
Thanks for stopping by!
Don't Forget!  Only 5 more days of Sale-a-Bration!

3 comments:

  1. very cute! this will be on my inspiration blog post tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth for the 'visual' lesson, it is a lot easier for me. It's a lovely little basket.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful!
    I loved that job!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!