Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teacher appreciation

Do you shop the clearance rack at the mall? Of course, so why not check out the clearance rack at Stampin' UP?  Our School is having Teacher Appreciation week, and one of the moms suggested having the kids decorate a page for a scrapbook for the teachers.  I thought that was a great idea!  Any excuse to scrap.  These 8 x 8 scrapbooks are at the clearance rack right now for only $5.99, page protectors included.  SO GREAT!  The ribbon is from the clearance rack as well.  I snatched up a few of these, as well as a couple of other books in different colors (the sweet stitches book is super cute!) You need to act fast when you see something on clearance. I had my eye on a 12 x 12 book, but I put it off and now its all gone :(   
I made the tag using My Digital Studio, my new go to srapbooking tool.  I designed the tag, then copied and pasted it a few times, changing the name,  to make one for each teacher, then printed them out.  It is a fun project and I hope she really likes it.  I'm sure the kids will make some really great pages to fill the books up.
I added pages in the four cover colors.  We will hand the pages out to the kids to decorate, then stick them back in the book to give to the teachers.  This is a great family reunion project, end of year teacher project, baby showers, bridal showers, you get the idea.  Check out the clearance rack every once and a while and see what you can find.
Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!