Friday, May 18, 2012

Teacher Gift

This little note card set will be given to my son David's teacher at the end of the year.  Amazingly that's just 6 more school days away!  This box is the same as the one I made here.  The box is made in two parts. One piece of paper 10 x 6 , scored at 3.75 in, 4.5 in, and 9 in. This is the back and top flap, with a little tab for the bottom that nestles into the next piece... 11 x 4.25, scored at .5, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 and 10.5. then rotate the paper and score at 1 in. This makes the accordion folded sides and front of the box, with the one inch tab that nestles over the other pieces flap, i think if you cut and score your pieces, this will be clear. Here are some pictures to help those visual learners like me.
Here are your two pieces, scored, with tabs cut off the bottom of the one piece.
Fold your score lines.
Sticky tape your pieces together.  sides too, not shown in picture so you could see how the bottom two pieces nest together.
Side view.
Close up of the note cards.  The stamp set is an old one.  I really like the images so I hung onto it when it retired.  You can use any set you like, of course.  I made several of each design. 
 The cards and envelopes all fit inside.  I also added some paper to the envelope flap, just for added cuteness.

Here is the whole set.  Hope she likes it. 
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!