Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Love, Sympathy, and Perfect Plum

This week I needed a variety of cards.  I needed some thank you cards, as well as a birthday and sadly a sympathy.  I was looking through my stamp sets and decided to use one that had never been inked- you know you have a stamp hoarding problem when you have stamp sets that have never been inked.  I came across the set Love and Sympathy, which just the other day a friend asked if I had and could she borrow.  I did not think I had it, but here it is! Then I remembered that I bought it to use with my watercolor crayons, which I don't use enough.  So this was the perfect opportunity to use somethings that I loved but never used! 
On this first card I also decided to use some brand new things as well.  I used my new Spritzer bottles to add some interest to the background.  The spritzers are new to this catalog and new to me.  I added some water to the bottle, and then two drops of Perfect Plum. I also made one in Crumb Cake for another project.
Next time I think I will use even less water for a deeper color.   Here are some close ups of the spritzes of Perfect Plum.   You can also see the new Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons.  Love those! And, the label was made with the new Tag Duo Punch! 
 Another great use for the spritzers is to moisten a stamp.  Here I used the watercolor crayons to ink up my flower image.  I then gave the image a mist of water with the spritzer. 
This card uses the same stamp as the one above. I cut this center image out with the Apothecary Accent Framelit Dies and used the co-ordinating paper piercing template to add some pierced details in the corners.  I also sponged the sides of the White card stock with a sponge and Crumb Cake ink.


































This next card was made in the same way as the one above.  I used to new Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies to cut out the center image.  I resized it like I did on this card from last week.  I also used the piercing template and sponge on this card.

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!