Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Proud Peacock

Recently I was asked to make up these candy bars for a wedding.  My cousin Don and his fiance Angela loved some shower favors I made, as well as the shower card I made.  The wedding invitation had a peacock theme, so when I made the card for her shower, I made it with a peacock theme too.  They asked me to make up some wrapped candy that they are going to use as gifts for the wedding attendees.  While the bridal party is taking pictures, they have arranged to have some games played, I think trivia type games, with the candy bars as prizes,  A good idea to keep guests entertained.  She said to make them any way I wanted and she loved the big peacock, so this is what I can up with.
I made a bunch of silver embossed peacocks, then cut the feather layers apart and inserted a ribbon layer.  I dyed the ribbon to match by using a sponged inked in Island Indigo. 


















I used My Digital Studio to make the labels.  I put six on a page and cut them out with my Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelit dies.  I also made some slightly larger ones in Vellum to layer underneath.  I also added some pretty white ribbon for a soft layer and some pretty pearls to fancy up my peacock even more! .
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!