Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Hat

What's this?  A traditional paper scrapbook page?  Wow! Haven't seen one of those in a while huh?  I am actually on a roll with my paper scrapbooking lately.  I was going to scan the photo's into my computer, but then I decided to use some of my fabulous paper that I love so much.  This paper is great for me because it has a more masculine feel to it, and most of my paper tends to be girly.  This paper is called Well Worn and is currently on the Clearance Rack at the Stampin' Up! store at more than 50% off so it was a steal.  I paired it with a base of Crumb Cake.  To distress my background I got out a tool I often forget about, my Color Spritzer (#107066 $12.95 page 179).  I spritzed some Early Espresso onto my paper.





You just attach a marker to the spritzer and squeeze the bulb.  Simple. 
To make the pennants, I measure to the center of the paper and use a pencil to draw a line up however long I want the tails to go.  Then you just snip from the each corner to the center.
 
 I used the Argyle Embossing folder to add some texture to the Marina Mist Heart and Pennant.
I used a sponge and some Crumb Cake in to add some color to the embossed paper. 
I use a ruler and pencil to lightly make my journaling lines.  I erase them once I am finished writing. 
 




The new Natural Ribbon Trim (#129287 $6.95 in spring mini catalog page 20) is the perfect accent, I probably should have used more. Love it. I attached it with a Vintage Trinket safety pin (#118765 $5.95 page 175).
Here is the paper! Great Deal!!  Love the clearance rack!
Thanks for stopping by!!


 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!