Friday, January 4, 2013

Swallowtail take two!

 
I decided to get a little more colorful with the butterfly today! I still embossed the main image in basic black embossing powder just like I did yesterday.  I used a background of First Edition specialty paper.  I then used my blender pens and ink pads to color in the butterfly.  I feel that you can get more tones with the blender pens than regular markers if you are doing large areas.  For example I made the areas in the center darker than the outer edges.  The yellow I choose is Summer Starfruit, and the other colors are Gumball Green and Midnight Muse.
I used Basic Grey as a background layer to my main image, I love how it looks with Summer Starfruit.  Some scalloped edges and ribbon scraps finished the card. 
On this version I added some ribbon scraps in Midnight Muse and Summer starfruit to the grey ribbon. 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! These are stunningly beautiful. I can hardly wait to order this stamp and try my hand at creating something with it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!