Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Band Aid card and a Button Tip

This card is inspired by one I saw at SplitcoastStampers the other day.  I love how she used the band Aid to repair the torn paper!  So clever.  I had some pre-cut paper left over
from my Stamp-A-Stack on Saturday, so I decided to use it to make my own version.  Hope you like it.  







The band aid is popped up on dimensionals.  I stamped one band aid on white in Island Indigo, and one on Tangerine Tango.  I cut out the Tangerine heart and glued it on top of the Indigo one.








Button tip!!

At the Stamp-A-Stack on Saturday one of my stamper friends had a neat trick for threading a button!  I loved it, so I had to share it!  I don't like empty buttons for some reason.  I know that they are perfectly fine and it is just me, but I just can not leave a button empty.  Lois, was using this tiny blue thing to thread her buttons and I just had to know what it was.  Turns out it is a flosser for dental work! 
So later that day I had to go to the grocery store and I went into the dental aisle and I found a few varieties.  I bought this one because it came with a little holder, so I can pack them in my stampin' tool case and take them with me and not lose them. 
I realized that I have a much bigger version on this for my daughters hair!  How simple! 












Just place the end of the string through the large opening, and then place the pointy end through the button!  So fast and easy.   The flosser thing is super flexible too, so you can bend it into 
tight spaces.   Thanks Lois!!!














1 comment:

  1. Love your card - colors, image and torn paper. The flosser tip with buttons is great. You can also use it threading twine through a poked hole in card stock. We've had a run on flossers here!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!