Thursday, April 4, 2013

Paper Scraps Hearts

Stampin' Up! has put some really pretty paper stacks in the past few mini catalogs, but they are an odd size.  The stacks are 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inches.  They are an awesome price at just $6.95 for 48 sheets, but I always end up with little 1 inch strips.  So, here are a couple of ideas to use up your pretty little scraps.  
Edited on May 17, 2017 to add video.  This older post still gets a lot of traffic, so I thought I would update it a bit with some papers and stamps that are still available.  I also started making videos, so I thought I would share that here as well.






First I glued the strips down onto some paper.  I used my grid paper to make sure I lined them up nicely.



You can either use your piece of paper strips under a frame, or cut it out.  I used my Hearts Collection Framelits Dies for the cards here, but there are so many possibilities!  I really like the framelits, I think I have them all by now!

These tags were made with the tiny tags stamp set and punched out with the jewelry punch.  The tiny safety pin is from the Vintage trinkets embellishments.
















For this card I cut a heart from the top layer of the card, then used dimensional to raise the top layer off the bottom layer a bit.  I tied a piece of Natural 7/16 Trim ribbon around one side of the heart frame. 
The Thank you stamp is from the Bitty Banners Stamp set, and cut out with the Itty Bitty Banners framelits. 











This is the Print Poetry Paper Stack.  Both of my cards used paper from this same stack.  One side of the paper has warm tones of Primrose petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.  The opposite side has Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green.  Item #129312 $6.95.













Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to comment on this before. So glad I just saw it again! I love this pad of paper! I really enjoyed your idea as I ended up with some strips of the paper and this will work! I think I had missed your bow with the mini banner on it! That is just too cute! Thanks for the tip about using the grid paper to line them up. Another one of my famous "Duh!" moments! Thanks for sharing these fun projects.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, What a good idea! These are so cute. You always come up with the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!