Friday, July 26, 2013

Chalk Board Cake

This is another one of the cards from the Birthday Stamp Camp.  Again we used the Sketched Birthday stamp set.   To mimic the look of a chalk board I used Basic Black cardstock, which I rubbed with the Embossing buddy to make it look like it had been used and erased on several times.   The embossing buddy is really used to get static off of your paper before you use embossing powder, to get a cleaner embossed line and less little stray bits of embossing on your project.  I love it when things can be used for multiple purposes, in this case, making a chalk board.





Next we stamped our images.  One of the great things about the cling mount stamps is that you can put more than one stamp onto an acrylic block, here we lined the Happy Birthday right onto the block underneath the cake.  We used White Craft ink, which is a bit more wet than the standard ink, and takes longer to dry.  To speed up the drying, we used the Heat tool to heat set the ink. 



We made the frame in Summer
Starfruit by cutting out a square with the new Squares Collection Framelits.  We adhered the black square under the frame , then added a ribbon and attached it to the card.
The Addition of the Washi tape is just for fun!

The patterned paper is from the Birthday Basics paper pack.  Paper packs are still Buy 3 get 1 FREE!! until July 31st! go to my Stampin' Up! store to get more details and to order.

Thanks for stopping by!!




 


1 comment:

  1. Beth,
    I am casing your card in a few different colors for the month of August birthday's. All our children are starting back to school and I thought the polaroid chalkboard was appropriate. Thanks for sharing. and Happy Stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!