Friday, May 23, 2014

Congrats Grad!!

It's that time of year again.  Graduation time!  I have quite a few cards to send this year to friends and family so I thought I better get going on them.  Here is the first!  I used the set "Blue Ribbon" on this card.  I have to admit that I didn't even notice that there was a graduation stamp in the set when I bought it.  I was thinking it would be a cute set to use to make ribbons for things in my children's class, so the fact it had a graduation stamp was a bonus for me.  I was looking through my sets to see what I could use to make do, and was happy to see I don't have to make do, I actually have a grad stamp!!  This first card is being sent to someone who just graduated from college and I don't know the school colors or anything so I decided to stick with black and silver. 





I stared with the Ribbon Medallion.  I used the Starburst Framelits dies to cut out the base.  I got a little carried away and decided to add some more texture to the Silver Foil paper by scoring the starburst.  I kind of like the detail it added, what do you think? 












I scored approximately every other valley.












I used dimensionals to add more separation between the layers.















For the Background I used Gorgeous Grunge in Basic Black and Silver Encore Ink. 















I wanted something for the bottom corner and thought about a date.  I then remembered the new stamps from Project Life called "Day to Day".  This set has 42 stamps in all!! Yes, 42!! and they are photo-polymer so it was super easy to line up the numbers.  This is a set from the new catalog that starts June 2nd, but you can actually get it right now!  A select group of Project Life was released early.  You can see this selection in the online store here.  There are stamps, framelits, journaling card collections and more.  Check it out!  I've used the cards to make cards instead of scrapbook pages, and I have used the digital downloads several times already.  Very fun bright colors and the stamps are great!  I can't wait until the whole collection is available in June!












look how clear they are! Even through my very dirty clear block you can see them.  I use my grid paper to line them up.  I actually work right on my grid paper.  For my non-photo-polymer stamps I use the grid paper to do a "practice" stamp of words to see if they are straight or if I need to tip slightly one way or another.  The grid paper has measurements along the bottom, sort of a built in ruler to help you cut layers or get things lined up nicely. 



Well, that is the first Grad card! Hopefully I will be able to get more done quickly!!  Wow did time fly in May!!  Thanks for stopping by!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!