Monday, March 16, 2015

Choose Happiness ~ Stampin' Up!

Hi everyone!  Hope you are enjoying this nice day!  I am happy to see the snow finally gone.  There is a small patch in the shade that is refusing to melt, but otherwise we are snow free!  YEA!  In the spirit of spring I thought I would use a flower stamp and realized that this one had never been inked!  Poor stamp!  I actually based this card from a sample in the catalog so it is not super original but it is super pretty : )   I changed it up a bit from the sample, a but if it looks familiar to you, that's why!

I started by swiping Crumb Cake ink across the Crumb Cake paper, straight from the pad. 











Here is what you get.  This technique makes an interesting background. 











Next I added an Early Espresso leaf a little higher than half way up the card.  I also added a line of Sticky Strip for the ribbon.  Ribbon is great with sticky strip because you can pull the ribbon up if your not in love with how you placed it, but the adhesive will stay put so you can try and lay the ribbon again. 











here is a close up on the ribbon.
















Next I used Tombo liquid glue to add a small piece of crochet trim and loops of linen thread.   I also added a sentiment on a strip of Whisper White in Early Espresso ink.

















On a scrap of Whisper White I stamped the flower in Baked Brown Sugar and the bird in Early Espresso and cut them out.  I adhered them with the Tombo liquid glue.




















Don't forget to stamp a little something cute on the back.  I stamped the bird and signed my name. 
Done!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!