Sunday, April 12, 2015

Love my Aqua Painters

Hello everyone!  I thought I would share a few cards I made a while back that use the Aqua Painters.  I just made them again recently and couldn't remember if I posted them and when I looked back through older posts I didn't see it so I thought I would post them now.  Better late than never right?  I did a class for a few ladies who I had never crafted with before and I wasn't sure about how technical I should get or what type of card to bring.  I decided to make a couple pretty and a couple more masculine.  These are the Masculine cards.  Both use the Wetlands Set.
   
both cards start out by using the aqua painters to make the background.  I used Soft Sky and Crumb Cake on both, with the addition of Lost Lagoon on the card with the grasses.













Once dry I used Stazon ink to stamp the main images. 
















To add the linen thread, simply place a glue dot on your card and start making loops with the tread.  keep attaching the thread to the glue dot every so often, adding another if you need to.  Every once and a while you should place your punched piece on top of the treads to see what you think, do you need more, less?































I added some other details to some versions of the card, like sponging and distressing of the edges, and also paper piercing details.  Do as much or a little as you like.









 
 The Happy Father's Day stamp is from the Crazy About You stamp set.  This is going to become a most used set I can tell.  It has just about everything a card maker needs as far as sentiments go.  I have the Teeny Tiny Wishes for this as well, but its nice to have another option and I like the size of these.  It's a pricer set, but you get a lot.  There is also a thinlit set that goes with it that you can get as a bundle.  
This set has lots of words, and they are separated so you need to sort of build your sentiment.  Here I used the Happy and the Father's Day.  I think that using a lined scrap paper before stamping is essential.  I use the Stampin' Up! grid paper as my work surface, it is perfect for this.  You can make sure your words are lined up perfectly. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!