Monday, May 25, 2015

Everything Eleanor + Aqua Painter

I was in the mood to usemy Aqua Painters this week and looked through my stamps for a set to color. I love the Everything Eleanor set and thought the flowers would be pretty watercolored.  They are a little tricky, due to the fine detail in the flowers, but I think they look very pretty.
























I first stamped the swirl stamp in Old Olive.  You can see that the stamp didn't set super inky and some parts are a bit light, so I took my Aqua Painter and filled in just with the ink already on the paper.  I think this really makes the background look hand painted. 



Next I stamped the flowers.  They are very easy to color because they have already filled in the darker areas with extra ink.  I didn't need to add any more ink when coloring. 
















I stared by doing the areas that are light, so that the brush wouldn't have too much ink on it.  I then cleaned off the brush and did the shaded areas.  You need to keep the Aqua Painter pretty dry because of the fine detail.  I cut the flowers out and attached them to the card with dimentionals.













I love the woodgrain background and the linen thread and use them all the time.  They add such nice texture, don't you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!