Monday, March 7, 2016

Helping Me Grow set from Stampin' Up!

Hello Everyone!  As I mentioned on Friday, I will be showing more up close pictures from last weeks Display Board Entries.  You can read about that on the previous post if you missed it.
This is one of the cards I submitted. I chose it because I really love to use my Aqua Painters, and I really love the flower, cosmos, which this reminds me of.













I first stamped the image onto watercolor paper using the new Archival Black ink.  This is a really fabulous ink.  In the past, I had one ink for standard stamping and one for water coloring and one for blender pens, you get the idea.  The new Archival Ink lets me do it all with one stamp pad. Yea!  I dries very fast too, so no smearing. 

I used Rose Red and Crushed Curry for the flowers, and Old Olive on the stems.  I also added a shadow of Pool Party to the right sides of the flowers and stems, and to the background of the sentiment piece.

The sentiment "thanks for helping me grow" is just the thing for a teacher appreciation card, or Mother's Day!

I added a strip of Burlap Ribbon behind the sentiment, and ruffed it up a bit for a frayed look.  I also used one of the burlap strands as antennae for the butterfly, which was punched from the corrugated cardstock (love that stuff!)



The little butterfly is folded in half to make him look as though he landed on the sentiment.















I added s strip of Washi Tape from the Everyday Chic Collection down the side and then attached the whole top panel to a card base made from Kraft Cardstock.


















Thanks for stopping by today!
  Product List

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!