Friday, May 6, 2016

Fast Mother's Day Favors

In the midst of my Star Wars craziness earlier in the week, I also needed to make small favors for Mother's Day.  Our church likes to pass out a little something on Mother's Day and Father's Day and I am often asked to make something up when needed.  I just had a day to get it done and I was looking in my supply cabinet and spotted my Tiny Treat boxes.  These little boxes were introduced a few Christmas catalogs back as Advent treat boxes, so they come in packs of 25! I needed 50 so these were perfect.  I make a lot of favors throughout the year and always have boxes and bags and things on hand.  The treat boxes are a great price, and that was the order of the day as we are trying to keep things simple and inexpensive.  I also used some paper and twine that is retired.  The Stampin' Up! clearance rack is a great resource for discontinued products at great prices!  You can find lots of ribbon and embellishments there.  I also used some retiring punches!  I have to say that I was  surprised by the retiring punches this year! There are a lot of great ones going away! The Washi label punch and Word Window punches are already sold out!  These two, the Scallop Oval and the Large oval are still available while supplies last.  These will be staying in my stash, I use them all the time, along with the Stamp Set "Teeny Tiny Wishes", which is where the "Happy Mother's Day stamp comes from (set is NOT retiring).   Another item I used here is the little flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. I use that flower all the time!!  I know, I said that about the ovals but it really is true.  That little flower is so sweet and is perfectly sized to add to a tag or inside a card or anywhere! It is on the front of the box here, but In the photo it doesn't show (just realized that, sorry).
This is a simple and fast way to decorate the box.  I used strips of paper 2 1/2 by 6 and then used the Triple Banner Punch to notch the ends. I add just a bit of glue to the top of the box, not the sides, so that the box can be opened without tearing the paper.  The twine holds the sides down.











See, easy to open the box and it stays nice and pretty.
















All boxed up and ready to go!!















Thanks for stopping by!!  Be sure to check out the retiring list (may items are discounted) and the clearance rack for some great deals!!
Retiring products here.
Clearance Rack here. 


Product List


2 comments:

  1. Love the tip about how to put the paper on so they can open them and not tear them. Thanks for that tip. I have one pack of the little boxes left and wonder if I should snap up another one or two. My question is, what did you put in them? I am always looking for new uses for them. The paper and twine with the label look perfect on there!

    Chris R. from Iowa
    ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I am glad you like them. I put chocolates in mine, Hersey Kisses or Dove chocolates can fit 10 to 12 pieces. For a kids favor I have used them with little bracelets and rings for girls, bouncy balls or candy for boys. I have also used them at Halloween and put little spider rings and glow in the dark bats. They are retiring and on sale, so I think for sure you should snap some more up before they are gone, I know I did :)

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!