Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Simple Thanks ~ Watercolor Wings

Hi everyone! I thought I would share some simple thank you cards that went out this week for some online orders.  I used some beautiful paper from the Pretty Petals designer series paper stack.  Are you familiar with Stampin' Up's paper stacks?  A lot of Stampin' Up! designer paper is sold in packs of 12 sheets and it is 12 x 12inches, but there is a selection of paper stacks that are 6 inches by 6 and the packs contain 48 sheets for $8.00!!  These are really fun packs and you get a lot of bang for your buck.  The current offering is due to retire in just 2 weeks and so I thought I would get it out and choose some.  I let the papers dictate the color combination and even the stamp set.  The colors here are Pacific Point and Calypso Coral with Very Vanilla.
 











I started by first stamping the base layer for the butterfly in Calypso Coral, stamped off once on my scrap paper.   By stamped off  I mean that I inked the stamp up full strength, then stamped once onto scrap paper before stamping onto the Very Vanilla cardstock.













Next I stamped the butterfly wing details with Calypso Coral at full strength.  This set comes with a couple options for the wing details and you can layer them both of just use one.  You can also use multiple colors instead of monochromatic as I have done.




Finally I added the body and antenna.
















For this card I added the Just for You on a strip with a little notched flag end.  I also added a cute little Calypso Coral button, soon to be discontinued,  I used some Calypso Coral twine, with the white stand removed, to tie my button.  For some reason I can't stand to have buttons that are empty, silly I know but I need to put something in the buttons :)





For this card I added the 'Just for you' in a set of Oval punches.  These are being discontinued too!!  I reach for these two all the time because they tend to work so nicely for sentiments, not too big, not too small, just right.  Anyone coming to my annual retired products sale (most likely June 4th) you will not see these up for sale, I am going to hang onto them.  Stampin' Up! is coming out with a new oval framelit collection, which is really great and I will get it, but I just love being able to reach for a punch to make a quick sentiment piece and these are an easy go to.  Agree, then snatch them up quickly before it is too late!!  Punches are selling out quickly.  While you are there, get the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack and the Party Punch packs before they are gone.  Those are on my must have list for sure!  The little flower on this card is from the Tree Builder punch! another great punch that thankfully is not going away with the new catalog!
When cutting down the designer paper for the front of the card I was left with a little scrap which I decided to use on the inside just for fun.  After all, I am a scrapbooker and I do like to use my scraps!








Thanks for stopping by!!
Product List







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!