Wednesday, August 10, 2016

More Thoughtful Branches ~ Watercolored

 Hi Everyone!  Today I wanted to share some more cards made with the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  As you know, I love my Aqua Painters, so I decided to make a couple cards using my Aqua Painters to watercolor the leaves of the trees. 
I used Cajun Craze, Old Olive, and Delightful Dijon on the leaves, and Soft Suede on the tree trunk.  To start the card I washed some Soft Sky across the top 3/4ths of the watercolor paper base, and Old Olive off the bottom. I then stamped the leaves and the tree branch onto a separate piece of watercolor paper. I used markers to add the color to the leaves.  Once I stamped the images I spritzed them with water to make the colors bleed. I then used the dies to cut out the pieces. 






I love that this set makes all occasion cards, including Christmas! For this card I stamped the pine needles in Garden Green onto the Shimmery White card stock.  Shimmer White card stock is heavy enough to handle watercolor techniques, and it has a really pretty shimmer to the paper.  I then used my Aqua Painter to wash over the pine needles.  Once dry I stamped over the pine needles with the branches in Early Espresso.












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!