Thursday, April 13, 2017

Monocromatic Scrapbook Page


Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share a scrapbook page I made for a challenge at a Facebook Group I belong to called Stampin' Up! Scrapbooking Global.  It's a group started by some demonstrators who love to scrapbook and wanted to share some inspiration with each other using Stampin' Up! products as our focus.
Anyone who wants a weekly scrapbook challenge can join, not just demonstrators, so if you would like to join us, please do.
The challenge this time was to make a monochromatic page.  We were also to use layers of paper, textures with embossing, stitching, and stamping on our page.  We were also challenged to keep a lot of negative space on our page.  I think I should have beefed up my layers on the left, adding some more dry embossed textured pieces, but it is a pretty page.  It is prettier in person, the distressing shows up harsher on the camera than in real life. It was a fun challenge and I like that when I participate in the challenges I try things I may not have otherwise.
I made a video of the process, showing how to distress the background and add the other elements to the page. 

I used Sahara Sand as my color.  To get different tones I used stamps and sponges on the background.  The 'sweet' is from a framelit set called Cupcake Cutouts. The dragonfly is from a framelit set called Detailed Dragonflies.  You can see a little bit of the embossing folder I used on one of the strips of paper, it is called Elegant Dots. After I embossed the cardstock, I sponged the paper to make the dots show up even more. 
The challenge calls for stitching.  I like the look of stitching on paper, but every time I try it I mangle my paper, so I hand stitched some small details at the top of my paper strips as if the stitches were holding the scraps together. 
I used the stamp set Touches of Texture to add some detail to the background.  I stamped in Versamark and used clear embossing powder to emboss the images. 
Thanks for checking out my project. If you would like to join our Facebook page, add the name "Stampin' Up! scrapbooking global" in the search box on Facebook and send a join request. Then you can check out other past challenges and join in. Hope you do!!


  Product List












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!