Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Serene Garden sneak peek

Hi everyone! Today I am making a card for a swap that I am in, and we are to use all new stamp sets.  Although this stamp set is not available yet to you, I thought I would share it anyway because the new catalog begins in just two weeks!
 I am using two new stamp sets on this card.  The main images are from the Serene Garden stamp set.  This is a beautiful line art stamp set, great for many coloring techniques, such as water coloring like I have done here. I am also using the new
 Itty Bitty Greetings, which replaces the old Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  There are 32 stamps in the set, something for every occasion, so you are going to want to add this one to your wish list. I needed a Sympathy card, so that is what I went with.  I stamped onto Pool Party cardstock and flagged the end.  A little scrap of ribbon and linen thread make an adorable accent.
I love to watercolor, so I used my aqua Painters and Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Old Olive inks. These images would be great with the Stampin' Blends as well.










The dies that coordinate with this set are really fun.  They cut out the usual, the bird, the flowers, but there is also a die that cuts out just select leaves, and one that embosses the same image too.   On my card I used the die that selectively cuts out leaves, and I out the card together in such a way that it has three layers, a bottom  layer with the recessed leaves, then the main layer, then some popped up flowers and the bird. It gives the card a fun paper pieced look and so much dimension.  
I created a video that shows just how to put this card all together and probably better shows the leaf dies.  I hope you enjoy it!  Feel free to ask me any questions there, I am good at responding :)
Serene Garden will be available beginning June 1st!  How did I get mine early? I am a demonstrator, we get all sorts of perks, discounts and pre-buys.  Click my join button to learn more!
Don't forget to check out the Last Chance products before they are gone forever!
https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/categorypage.aspx?categoryid=100500&utm_source=olo&utm_medium=o2-ad&utm_campaign=homepage-refresh?dbwsdemoid=0095176

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!